IRS Information Return Intake System (IRIS)
The IRS inaugurated IRIS, their successor to the FIRE system, on Monday, January 23, 2023. The system has 2 components (1) a web application or portal and (2) an API server.
The portal URL is: https://la.www4.irs.gov/irportal/.
Business owners or their accountants may:
- enter data into the web application. See IRIS portal screen shots.
- or upload a CSV file for processing.
IRIS API Server
The API portion of the system is slated to be active in June 2023.
Acceptance testing will be required for submitters to IRIS.
The IRIS portal accepts data in CSV format.
The IRIS API accepts data in XML format.
Links to Information About IRIS
- Video: https://www.irsvideos.gov/
- IRS Publication 5717: IRIS Taxpayer Portal User Guide
- IRS Publication 5718: INFORMATION RETURNS INTAKE SYSTEM (IRIS) ELECTRONIC FILING APPLICATION TO APPLICATION (A2A) SPECIFICATIONS
- IRS Publication 5719: Information Returns Intake System (IRIS) Test Package for Information Returns
- Information Returns Intake System (IRIS) Assurance Testing System (ATS) Criteria-Based Scenarios